Pictures and description of work done in 2011
December: On the 9th of December 2011 Doreen and Jeanette handed out Christmas presents to the kids of Noluthando. This was possible because of the help of many donations received by participants of African Bikers tours. The 14 educare teachers were not forgotten and received a little Christmas bonus.
The kids, Mavis Mbaba (principal) and the teachers say a very hearty INKOSI (Thank you) to all donors.
May-August: David, our capable handyman, finished the following improvements in the Day Care Centre:
- Replacing of the swing bearings.
- Mounting of the climbing rope.
- Mounting of the slide.
- One of the classrooms for the 3 to 4 year olds received a new concrete floor with a thick Vinyl layer.
- Toilet tanks were secured as the kids tried to open them and a new door was mounted.
- One classroom for the 5 to 6 year olds received a new entrance and the wooden steps got replaced with stone steps. The roof was fixed with new donations.
- The second class room for the 5 to 6 year olds received new ceiling fans and fluorescent tubes. The outside was concreted.
- The sand box received a concrete frame.
- The sink in the kitchen received a new sewage hook-up.